cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Ads connector - Exclude default tables, exclude CUSTOMER_ID from the very beginning

dmitryungurean
New Contributor II

Hello, dear Fivetran Community.

I have two questions related to the Google Ads connector:

1) Is it possible to include only custom reports in my Google Ads connector from the very beginning? Without all those 76 default tables... I've found a workaround - when it starts to sync, I can go to the 'schema' and uncheck all those tables, but it doesn't really suit my use case.

dmitryungurean_2-1709674375018.png

2) Is there a way not to include the CUSTOMER_ID field in the custom report? I would prefer not to have it in the destination table from the very beginning.

dmitryungurean_1-1709674335184.png

Thank you in advance🙏

Any help will be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SVijay . Hope you are doing well.

Here is the workaround that I ended up with for my use case.

- I retrieve required fields (only those that I need) from Google Ads using Google Ads Scripts

- Put them into a CSV and send it to S3 (using the same Google Ads Script) 

- Collect the CSV files from S3 using Fivetran and push further into the DWH

Not the most elegant solution since I had to spend considerable amount of time learning Google Ads Scripts but it works and overal architecture got simplified considerably.

Million thanks again for your help and insights ... I will use them for API automation a bit later.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @SVijay . Hope you are doing well.

Here is the workaround that I ended up with for my use case.

- I retrieve required fields (only those that I need) from Google Ads using Google Ads Scripts

- Put them into a CSV and send it to S3 (using the same Google Ads Script) 

- Collect the CSV files from S3 using Fivetran and push further into the DWH

Not the most elegant solution since I had to spend considerable amount of time learning Google Ads Scripts but it works and overal architecture got simplified considerably.

Million thanks again for your help and insights ... I will use them for API automation a bit later.

Thank you @dmitryungurean for closing the loop and sharing the solution with Community! Have a super week.

Cheers,
Toby

SVijay
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Dear @dmitryungurean,

We really appreciate your follow-up. Thank you for letting us know and we're glad to see the use-case worked out for you after all 🙂

Thanks