cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reddit Ads Connector Errors

auyar2
New Contributor

Hello - 

First time posting here, so hoping this is the right place for this question. 
My team and I have been trying to use the Reddit Ads connector and we have been geeting the API error. The authentication/sign in does happen successfully; but i cannot build the connection due to the error. The documentation is limited around this and could not find anything online; any ideas?

Below is the error I receive: 

auyar2_0-1668612489712.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jill-ross
Director of Community
Director of Community

Hi @auyar2,

As noted in the Reddit Ads Setup Guide prerequisites, your user and advertiser accounts must be safelisted by Reddit to access their API:

NOTE: Both your user and the advertiser accounts must be safelisted by Reddit to access their API. If the account is not yet safelisted, you will see the following message in the setup test: This account is not allowed to use the API. Contact Reddit sales prior to setting up your connector for more information on whitelisting the account.

I see that you were able to resolve this with support, but do let us know if you have any further issues! Support is usually your best bet for technical issues in the future. You can see a full list of our customer resources, and when to use each, in this guide

Thanks!

-Jill

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jill-ross
Director of Community
Director of Community

Hi @auyar2,

As noted in the Reddit Ads Setup Guide prerequisites, your user and advertiser accounts must be safelisted by Reddit to access their API:

NOTE: Both your user and the advertiser accounts must be safelisted by Reddit to access their API. If the account is not yet safelisted, you will see the following message in the setup test: This account is not allowed to use the API. Contact Reddit sales prior to setting up your connector for more information on whitelisting the account.

I see that you were able to resolve this with support, but do let us know if you have any further issues! Support is usually your best bet for technical issues in the future. You can see a full list of our customer resources, and when to use each, in this guide

Thanks!

-Jill