cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New feature alert 📢 Automatic PII detection

natalie-waller
New Contributor III

We’re taking more testers for Automatic PII detection! This feature runs on the backend of the Fivetran platform, scanning rows of in-flight data for characteristics of PII (personally identifiable information). Where detected, we’ll flag those columns in the connector’s schema, so you can easily review and edit your sync settings to block, hash or sync those columns as usual. Further, we’ll land PII tags in your destination, making it easy to trigger policies downstream. 

Automatic PII detection has been in limited private preview for awhile, with many customers using it successfully, and now we’re opening it up for more testers! 

Try it on! Reply to this thread and we’ll help get you started.

PII.png

9 REPLIES 9

john-grassroots
New Contributor

Heya Natalie!

We'd love to try this out. We're on databricks and are previewing something similar from them via their Lakehouse Monitoring.

Thank you for raising your hand @john-grassroots - I will ensure @natalie-waller is aware.
Cheers,
Toby

mviswanathan
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

@john-grassroots Excited to have you onboard! We will get you onboarded onto the feature and send out an email as soon as it is enabled. Look forward to working with you.

_clairem
New Contributor

Hi! We would love to learn more about this feature.

Hey there! We'd be happy to get you set up. Do you mind sending me an email at natalie.waller@fivetran.com so I can connect you? Thanks for your interest!