cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Connector - Join components to issues

bearavan
New Contributor

I've connected the Jira connector using Fivetran. I'd like to join the "component" table to the "issue" table, but I can't find any way to do that. Is there anyone that could help me with this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

avinash-kunnath
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Hi @bearavan !  Thanks for the question.

Our solutions team did work on a Jira transformation dbt package which does join issues with components in the `jira__daily_issue_field_history` (which compiles historical records of fields for when the issue was open) and `jira__issue_enhanced` model (which has enriched data for each issue, including components)! 

But all of our end models do tie back issues and components! You can trace the model lineage by clicking the green circle in the bottom right of our documentation. I've attached an image of part of that graph which runs components and issues into those end models.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 3.24.17 PM.png

I'd recommend installing the package and follow the instructions in the README then try and run the package to see if the end models that are produced with your data satisfies what you are looking for.

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

avinash-kunnath
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Hi @bearavan !  Thanks for the question.

Our solutions team did work on a Jira transformation dbt package which does join issues with components in the `jira__daily_issue_field_history` (which compiles historical records of fields for when the issue was open) and `jira__issue_enhanced` model (which has enriched data for each issue, including components)! 

But all of our end models do tie back issues and components! You can trace the model lineage by clicking the green circle in the bottom right of our documentation. I've attached an image of part of that graph which runs components and issues into those end models.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 3.24.17 PM.png

I'd recommend installing the package and follow the instructions in the README then try and run the package to see if the end models that are produced with your data satisfies what you are looking for.

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!