cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkedIn Company vs Showcase Pages

mbutter
New Contributor

Greetings Fivetran Community,

I'm looking to add a mix of LinkedIn Company Pages and Showcase Pages as a data source within Fivetran. Currently, I am an admin on all of these pages and when I try to add any type of LinkedIn property to Fivetran, I am given the prompt of either adding LinkedIn Ads or a LinkedIn Company Page.

When I add a LinkedIn Company Page, I can set up the connection between LinkedIn and Fivetran, but am not able to self-select which pages I want to authorize within Fivetran. FYI for most SaaS applications, you are typically able to select which page you would like to authorize with your application, but this does not seem to be the case for Fivetran.

Now that I have Fivetran connected to LinkedIn via the Company Page connector, can you tell me if only my company page will be added to Fivetran or if every page I am an admin on will be added? Also if all of my pages are being added, do you have any recommendations on how to manage the connection to all of these pages within Fivetran to ensure clean data is being leveraged? I would like to have both a holistic cumulative view of our LinkedIn efforts, as well as an account-by-account view.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SVijay
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Hey @mbutter,

For the LinkedIn Company Pages connector, Fivetran utilizes the active LinkedIn account where you have a Super admin role in the organizations that you'd like to sync.

The data that Fivetran would be replicating into your destination would be normalized and de-duplicated. You can view the tables synced here along with their relationships so you can get a broader view on your data spread. 

To ensure you're only syncing the data you want to sync, you can block certain tables such as geo, followers_by_geo etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Toby-Metcalf
Community Admin
Community Admin

Good day @mbutter 
Thank you for this question and I need to confirm, but believe it is only the company page.

Fivetran Community: if you utilizing the LinkedIn connector, please share your experiences.

Best,
Toby

SVijay
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Hey @mbutter,

For the LinkedIn Company Pages connector, Fivetran utilizes the active LinkedIn account where you have a Super admin role in the organizations that you'd like to sync.

The data that Fivetran would be replicating into your destination would be normalized and de-duplicated. You can view the tables synced here along with their relationships so you can get a broader view on your data spread. 

To ensure you're only syncing the data you want to sync, you can block certain tables such as geo, followers_by_geo etc.