cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClickUp - getting activity list (status changes)

darylteo
New Contributor II

I'm trying to compute the amount of time a task spends in specific states in total, as well as the number of times a task changes statuses 

I cannot seem to find this in the "Tasks" table, obviously. It only has the most recent status it is in.

I thought perhaps I could find a list of changes via the "Comments" table but they only hold actual comments made by users on tasks.

Same with Time Entries - these don't actually hold any changes of statuses, just when people manually track their timesheets, and doesn't have any entries if the status itself is changed. There is a "status" column but that only holds the status of the task at the time the comment is written.

Not sure what I've missed but hopefully there is a quick fix 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

darylteo
New Contributor II

bump! 😄 

Good day @darylteo -
Thank you for the question and the bump, we have not forgotten about you 🙂
I am trying to confirm if a Feature Request is required.
Cheers,
Toby

darylteo
New Contributor II

Thanks Toby 🙂 

From the looks of it, I can see that the API does support retrieving a "status history" 

https://clickup.com/api/clickupreference/operation/GetBulkTasks'TimeinStatus/

But it does require a non-default "ClickApp" to be installed. 

So right now I'm looking into whether it is worth creating a custom connector to pull this information but it's all a bit new to me so will take some time 😇

Good day @darylteo 
I can confirm this is not current functionality and the best way to implement this would be through a Feature Request. Please use THIS LINK to do so. After you submit your request, please post a link to it here so other Community members can vote for it.