cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices for setting up the Oracle Fusion Cloud Apps Connector

Arshkrit
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Setting up your Fivetran Oracle Fusion Cloud Application connector is straightforward and seamless. With our simple setup process, you can get your pipelines up and running in just a matter of minutes. 

We know that there are many tables to sync in each of these connectors. To help make your table selection process a bit easier, we have created some easy reference tables below: 

If you are looking for . . . 

Use the tables in this Schema . . 

In This Connector . . .

Accounts Receivable 

FinExtract_ArBiccExtract

Oracle Fusion FSCM connector

Accounts Payable

FinExtract_ApBiccExtract

General Ledger 

FinExtract_GlBiccExtract

Subledger Accounting

FinExtract_XlaBiccExtract

Tax

FinExtract_ZxBiccExtract

Expenses

FinExtract_ExmBiccExtract

Order Management

ScmExtract_DooBiccExtract

Shipping

ScmExtract_WshBiccExtract

Inventory Management

ScmExtract_InvBiccExtract

Opportunity Management

CrmExtract_MooBiccExtract

Oracle Fusion CRM connector

Service Management

ServiceExtract_SvcMgmtBiccExtract

Marketing

CrmExtract_MktBiccExtract

Custom Objects

Extensibility

All Fusion Connectors

Our Oracle Fusion connectors sync data stores, which are abstractions of the raw data in the Fusion Database. A helpful guide to understand these data stores and how they map to the database tables is the Oracle Fusion PVO to Database lineage mapping documents which are linked in our Fivetran documentation.  We recommend starting with the Extract Data stores (many of which are listed in the above schemas). The Extract Data stores were objects created by Oracle. Many of these data stores are 1 to 1 matches with the Oracle Fusion Database tables, which you may be familiar with.  

We recommend using our Fivetran Google Sheets connector to quickly sync these lineage mapping documents so you can write SQL queries to reference the mappings easily in your destination. Using this lineage mapping, you can find which Data stores reference a given database table that you are familiar with. 

For Example: 

If you are looking for this database Table. . .

The following BICC Datastore is a 1:1 Match . . .

GL_JE_LINES

FscmTopModelAM.FinExtractAM.GlBiccExtractAM.JournalLineExtractPVO

XLA_AE_LINES

FscmTopModelAM.FinExtractAM.XlaBiccExtractAM.SubledgerJournalLineExtractPVO

HZ_LOCATIONS

FscmTopModelAM.PartiesAnalyticsAM.Location

Pro Tip: Use the Fivetran’s REST API to easily bulk deselect all the schemas from your connector so you can select just the specific schemas and tables that apply to your use case. 

How to get started: While logged into the Fivetran platform, follow this link or search the relevant Oracle Fusion Cloud Application in the "Add a Connector" menu. Check this video out to learn how to set up. 

12 REPLIES 12

jeasley
New Contributor

I am using the FscmTopModelAM.FinExtractAM.GlBiccExtractAM.JournalLineExtractPVO datastore in one of my pipelines and noticed that it did not contain all of the table columns as a default.  How do I add the missing columns into the connector schema?

FrankZhu
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Hi Jeasley, 

In the BICC console on Oracle, if you lookup the datastore there should be an option to select columns. You will just need to go through and select which columns you want enabled and it should show up in your connector once you enable it. 

Thanks, 

Frank

Toby-Metcalf
Community Admin
Community Admin

Good day @jeasley - thank you for your question and I hope @FrankZhu 's answer helped you.
If you have additional questions, please ask them below.

Have an excellent rest of the week.
Best,
Toby

guscaravalho
New Contributor II

Hey there, it feels like I should be seeing these objects/datastores in Fivetran right after I establish a successful connection with (in my case) Fusion ERP. Yet I am not. Is there configuration on the Oracle side that I need to work through for Fivetran to be able to see them?

Edit: maybe I should be a little more specific. I have connected Fivetran to Fusion ERP just fine. We configured the BICC and the UCM storage and all that. Fivetran pulled about 600 schemas from Fusion and I'm scrolling through them in the "Schema" tab. This is where I am not seeing what I expected. For example, I do not see "FinExtract_GlBiccExtract." So my question is, is it possible there is further configuration on the Oracle side that I need to figure out in order for Fivetran to see all the schemas you're talking about in your post?

Edit 2: I'm digging around in the BICC Console in Fusion ERP and I have located "FscmTopModelAM.FinExtractAM.GlBiccExtractAM.JournalHeaderExtractPVO" which I believe Fivetran would classify as part of "FinExtract_GlBiccExtract." This datastore is set up for incremental loading and appears to be ready to go? Setting aside the particulars of my specific case, I should be able to see this schema in Fivetran, right?