cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping a Fivetran dbt package for the quickstart equivalent?

nilsjesper
New Contributor

I'm running a Fivetran managed package (mailchimp) as part of my other dbt transformations. Seems to be working fine and I'm just running with the default settings.

But it looks like there's now a Quickstart transformation for this connector.

So is it better/preferred/best practice to use that over the dbt hub package? 

1 REPLY 1

SVijay
Fivetranner
Fivetranner

Hey @nilsjesper, if you're running with default settings on the Fivetran managed Mailchimp dbt package, you can try using the quickstart dbt models.

Functionally, they're the same as what you have been using. The major difference with quickstart dbt models is with the management i.e. who's managing it.

In the current case, you may have downloaded the package, installed dbt, hosted the package(s) on your git repository etc but in the case of quickstart, Fivetran has installed the same dbt packages on our internal git repository so we can host those models for you, without you having to touch a single line of code.

Once you set up a Quickstart data model, Fivetran creates the dbt project and the transformations for you. We then run the transformations according to the schedule you choose. You can view, edit, and delete each transformation from your Transformations dashboard.

So I'd recommend giving quickstart transformations a try and see how that goes.

Please note that only output models are displayed for Quickstart transformations because they have the most analytical value.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions. @Toby-Metcalf 

Thanks!